Friday, July 18, 2008

Long Time No Write

Hi peeps!

I know, it's been ages since we post anything worth reading here. It's just announcement, after announcement, after announcement. :op

Sorry ...

Anyways, we were in Bandung recently. Konon-konon jalan-jalan, cari makan and somehow we were dragged to Jeune Magazine (http://www.myspace.com/jeunemagazine) Animal Issue Release Party @ Rumah Buku. Guess who we saw singing?

Tika!!!!!

... ok, not many people would know Tika or Kartika Jahja (http://www.myspace.com/tikamusic) but she is a fashion accessories designer, who has done back up singing for Lauryn Hill, way back when she was a student in Seattle and had had her song compiled in 'Janji Joni' sountrack album as well.

Yes, she's that good + I'm a big fan. Now, imagine my excitement!

Anyways, in a track from her 'Defrosted Love Songs' album, called 'Under Their Feet', she moaned and screamed. Yes, that very sound some people make. I've always been curious and wondered if she'd do it, singing live ... and at the magazine launch, she did.

o_0

Now, I can move on.

I leave you with Under Their Feet - Tika



Have a brilliant weekend, folks! :o)

Writer's Note: My goodness ... look at how rentung I was a weekend after KLue Urbanscapes! Like my teeth suddenly appeared shiny white. :op

No comments: