Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Surprises

Shoppers and traders, who I get to meet through the bazaar never cease to surprise me. Meet Dimi who made my jaw dropped, when he managed to solve the Rubik's cube in less than one minute, while we were chatting.

'Children of the 80s' or the '80s babies' would be familiar with the puzzle which was invented in 1974 by the Hungarian professor and sculptor, Erno Rubik. It was used as a teaching aid by the professor of architecture to explain geometric theory to his students. During the 1980s the Rubik’s Cube spawned a subculture of enthusiasts that formed clubs, organised competitions and watched cartoons all based on the puzzle.

Enough history ... lets stare in awe! :o)


Yong, a trader at the bazaar, volunteered to work his magic hands on my wrist watch that a shop outside claimed could no longer function. I was happy when it started ticking again and I only paid the battery cost!

Other gadgets retailed by Yong.

No comments: